If Daenerys went to Starbucks… [via]
|Song: The Rains of Castamere|
|Played: 44,259 times.|
The Rains of Castamere (different version) by Hawthorn and Lewis Fitzjohn.
I know you’re thinking, “another version of that song? Seriously?” but this one’s really good and makes the other ones not count so much.
So… I dediced to make a mini iron throne for my mobile phone. A couple of hours, loooots of swords and hot glue
I don’t know if anyone has noticed this but when Ygritte was dying and this shot panned out, the background is split between fire and snow. It looks like the fire is for Ygritte - kissed by fire - and then the ice/snow on the other side is for Jon.
This guy is crazy talented
I was rather floored by the response to my cursory interest post. So now it’s time to release one some actual details in an official post:
WHAT IT IS: I’m obsessed with this show, and I know other folks are, too. I just want to connect professional and aspiring fantasy illustrators with a common interest by printing a book of fan art celebrating Game of Thrones.
I am looking to have a list of 100 artists. I have a number of professional peers confirmed already, but the deadlines are far away, and it’s hard to say what’ll happen! With 100 artists - even if if half drop out - there will still be enough content for a book.
- HOW TO APPLY: Please send me a gallery or blog link or samples through my e-mail (gracepfongATgmailDOTcom). Do NOT start drawing without approval, expecting it to go into the book!
- REQUIREMENTS: All pieces must be new for the book and not posted online until the Kickstarter begins. Must reflect book or show canon. Must be SFW.
- TIMELINE: Deadline for Application is July 7, 2014. Accepted Applicants notified by July 31. Thumbnails due August 31. Sketches due October 31. Final pieces due December 31. Kickstarter will run from March 1-31, 2015 (in time for Season 5!). Product should be shipped by the end of Season 5.
- COMPENSATION: You will receive a free copy of the book and a flat fee (TBD). There may be a chance of additional exposure. You and a guest will also receive an invite to my next Game of Thrones Feast (in Los Angeles, CA), but you have to provide your own transportation and housing. Any extra profit will be given to charity (TBD).
- Note, if the project receives a cease-and-desist from the owners of Game of Thrones, the project will be canned without compensation for anyone…. :(
ABOUT ME: I am a programmer and illustrator from Los Angeles, California. I’ve successfully crowd-funded two art books (and contributed/consulted on a few more), and after two years of doing nothing, I wanted to try something bigger. I just really like this show. As project manager, I will handle deadline planning, graphic designing, campaign funding, and product disbursement, so all you have to do is e-mail me a file!
So yeah, that’s about it! Send me your samples (gracepfongATgmailDOTcom).
If you know any artists who might be interested, please re-blog this opportunity for them. Thanks!
yo nerds! this is an awesome project headed up by my friend grace, who is a seriously cool lady and a very talented programmer and artist. i’m gonna be participating in this and i’m suuuuuper excited!